First Time With Us?
Welcome! Here is all the information you need to get started taking classes at Arcadia, a sanctuary for arts and culture located in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. We are located at 943 NW 50th Street.
How do I find out what’s going on at Arcadia?
New to aerial classes or need to brush up on the basics?
We suggest starting with our Aerial Foundations class. In this 90-minute, mixed apparatus class, we will work on the foundational skills necessary to gain the strength and skills to be safe in the air. The class consists of a thorough warm up geared towards adults, technical instruction on both vertical and horizontal aerial apparatuses including aerial fabric, rope, sling, hoop, and trapeze, and guided conditioning and cool down at the end. Once you’ve mastered the skills in this course, you’re ready to progress onto our higher level courses. For Hoop, Sling, and Dance Trapeze, Level I is next. For Aerial Fabric, Vertical Technique is the next level of classes we offer. We offer Aerial Foundations several times a week – visit our CALENDAR page, and sign up to fly with us soon!
Have prior aerial experience? Want to sign up for a Level I or Level II course?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you determine which level would be best suited for your skills and abilities. You can see a video of our Aerial Foundations graduation criteria here. We may also invite you to stop by the studio for a skill assessment and placement evaluation, or to submit recent training video of yourself to us for review. Once we have determined the best course level for you, we will update your profile in our system so you can register for Vertical Technique, Level I, or Level II courses.
Interested in our dance or flexibility courses at Arcadia?
Our dance classes are open to adult students at any level from beginner to experienced. We are currently offering ballet barre and sometimes offer contemporary dance and folkloric dance styles. Visit our CLASSES page to learn more about course offerings and check out our CALENDAR page to see what’s coming up in the near future.
How do I get set up in your online registration system to register for dance, flexibility, aerial, and other classes?
- Complete our online waiver and studio use agreement HERE.
- The online waiver system will automatically create an account for you in our online course management system VAMP
- Next, go to the VAMP login screen and select “Forgot your password? Click to set up or reset your password.” You will then receive a temporary password via email.
- Log in to your account and you’re ready to register for drop in classes or workshops, buy punch cards, or monthly studio memberships. Note: you MUST register for our drop-in classes in advance. Students who show up at the studio without registering for a course may be turned away due to class cancellation or lack of space in the class.
- If you are a new user to our system and/or need assistance registering for a class or workshop, please email us at email@example.com at least 3 days before the class you wish to attend.